Post Reply  Post Thread 
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Iranian President's NY Visit Sparks Protests
CrimsonEagle

Group: Registered
RE: Iranian President's NY Visit Sparks Protests

Macai Wrote:

CrimsonEagle Wrote:
So then, I would assume that you would agree that any country Bush set foot in he should not only be arrested as a terrorist but be tried for crimes against humanity?

Something tells me that if he wasn't protected by our military at the time he does, he would be arrested. So, yeah, I'm not a Bushite, I'm just not anti-war either.

CrimsonEagle Wrote:
Over the past few hundred years, how many country's has Iran invaded?

I may not agree with their lifestyle but we make them look like saints.

How many countries has Iran had the opportunity to invade, and win? Not many. How many countries has the United States had the opportunity to invade, and win? Quite a few.

We're far less aggressive than Iran; we're just more powerful.

CrimsonEagle Wrote:
As far as them supplying terrorists, as far as I know, we have supplied both sides with weapons.

You're right, we did.

CrimsonEagle Wrote:
There is only one terrorist nation on this planet right now. We are it.

Quote:
Something tells me that if he wasn't protected by our military at the time he does, he would be arrested. So, yeah, I'm not a Bushite, I'm just not anti-war either.

I'm not necessarily anti war. If we are invaded I will do things that make the opposing forces in Iraq look like girl scouts and I have both the knowledge and experience to do it.

I am however against screwing with other country's. We need to mind our own business.

Please clarify your reasoning's for stating this.

Quote:
How many countries has Iran had the opportunity to invade, and win? Not many. How many countries has the United States had the opportunity to invade, and win? Quite a few.

We're far less aggressive than Iran; we're just more powerful.

I'm sorry. I have to disagree with you on this.
When was the last time Iran invaded a nation??
I cant find anything, reaching quite awhile back.

How many country's has the U.S. invaded and or manipulated since is founding?
Are you saying that because we had an opportunity and were stronger that we have the right to implement OUR will on other country's?

Our own actions since our founding has proven that we are much more aggressive than Iran. Really....find me a country that Iran has invaded. Do not forget...the U.S. is still a very young country. We have been aggressive and brutal since our birth.

Quote:
Don't get into the propaganda, man.

Words to live by. I'll try to keep that in mind.

Listen. I understand what you are trying to say when mentioning other country's. Truth be told, most of the governments through the history of this planet have been "terrorist" in nature, either to expand their territory or suppress their people.

Right now WE are the terrorists and it is on a global scale. We have over stepped our bounds and it is destroying us and destroying other nations....for what? No one is going to win this thing other than those who are raking in the profits.

War is a Racket....and this is as true today as it was when this was written though on a larger scale.

Quo bono?? Who benefits in war?

Is it you or me? Is it the soldiers who gets wounded or the family of the soldier who dies? It is the soldier who is changed forever after experiencing a war? Is it the nation who is invaded, and destroyed? Is it the millions who are suffering due directly to the actions of others?

Sure. Other country's have committed atrocity's....does this mean that we have the right to now commit these atrocity's across the globe because we are the big kids on the block?

Dr. Paul has it right. Lead by example, not by force.

Actually, Dr Paul has a lot of things right.

Iran is no threat to us. Neither is Russia for that matter.

China on the other hand has us by the balls. I wonder how much rope they will let us take before they jolt it to an abrupt halt and snap our financial neck.

I'm not buying the propaganda. There is more going on behind the scenes then we can possibly address.

The New World Order is knocking on our door and the fools of this nation are opening it.

We in this country have been spoiled. We have never known true suffering, not like the collective suffering we are about to experience, and this is going to happen because of our own actions.

10-14-2007 10:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Macai
Unregistered

Actually, no. I'm saying that the reason Iran hasn't done a lot of invasions because it isn't that powerful. If it were in the United States' shoes, it would be a lot more aggressive by virtue of it being a lot more powerful, and Ahmadinejad being in charge of it.

I'm also saying that the United States isn't quite as imperialistic as you make it seem, seeing as it isn't invading the vast majority of the countries it could successfully invade and take over with ease.

10-14-2007 10:24 PM
Quote this message in a reply
The Wolf Star
Administrator

Group: Administrators

CrimsonEagle, you said,

Quote:
the U.S. is still a very young country. We have been aggressive and brutal since our birth.

That's not true, we started to get imperialistic in the mid 19th century and the vast majority of Americans were against it. Jefferson warned against it and was even against having "standing armies". That was after the Jeffersonians were gone and the early Democraps and Repuglicans were running the show. This country has done some horrible things since then and no one hates it more than I. On the other hand, the whole world loves to point the finger at us and blame all the woes of the world on us. And this just ain't reasonable or true. All the Europeans that hate us and love to bash us forget that they would still be saying Heil, Hitler and living in a huge Nazi mess if it weren't for us. And I could go on about what hypocrites they are. They do plenty of environmental damage. Britain, Spain, France, Germany and the USSR have all been imperialistic pigs.

I think what Macai is saying about Iran vs the US, is that given the oppurtunity to be an aggressive nation, i.e. if it were armed with nukes, it would be horrendous, and a lot worse than the US actually is.

To tell you the truth, the whole world makes me sick. I'm sick of all the death and destruction and the greed that propels it. Most of the time I wish I could just get off of this planet. Unfortunately, as far as I know, there's no where else to go.

Earthhope Action Network

Daniel Shays

me
10-14-2007 11:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Pages (2): « First < Previous 1 [2] Last »
Post Reply  Post Thread 

View a Printable Version
Send this Thread to a Friend
Subscribe to this Thread | Add Thread to Favorites
Rate This Thread: